The tongue is one of the most sensitive parts of the body. In daily life, at least one time you have trouble with the sore tongue. It can lead to some symptoms such as pain, burning or dry mouth and you feel very discomfort with this. It can be a consequence of biting tongue by yourself or injury related to boiling food or fungus infection. Nevertheless, sometimes the cause is unknown. Depend on each situation; you can use some therapeutic method to treat them. However, use medical can cause some side effects so that we will introduce for you some home remedies for a sore tongue. You can apply this immediately, comfortable to do and safe for your health.
As I recommended before, the cause is unknown. It can cause by yourself or some infection reactions. Besides that, some factors contribute to creating sore tongues such as stress, high salt diet or spicy food, weak immunity, or hormonal changes, disorder gastrointestinal, deficiency of vitamins especially C vitamin or even due to heredity.
Here are some natural home remedies for the sore tongue, you can apply them from your home to provide language healthily.
- Aloe Vera: It is the most effective remedies for the sore tongue. Aloe Vera contains anti-inflammatory properties which can prevent inflammation and reduce pain. It is also useful to treat another oral problem. You take a leaf and show it’s gel and apply it directly to your tongue at least two times per day. You also make a juice and rinse your mouth more than couples times each day.
- Salt: Salt is an essential ingredient in daily life. It does not only use cooking, but it also helps in beauty effects. The salt contains natural antiseptic which can prevent inflammation and reduce the pain. The research shows that the salt even can avoid infection. You need to make a solution of salt and warm water and use it to clean your mouth every day. You could keep some spice in your mouth. Preventing the sore is instrumental.
- Use lavender oil: We know Lavender oil as the magic of beauty, and now we also do it as the magic of health. Lavender oil has a keen ability to preventing inflammation and remove the pain, and this is the reason why it can use in sore tongue treatment. The ways to do it is straightforward, make a solution of warm water and some drops from it and rinse your mouth at least two times per day. You also combine Lavender oil with honey and warm water to clean your mouth. The effect can be better. However, you should notice the amount. A significant amount of Lavender Oil can be harmful to your health.
- Give supplementary Vitamin C: As we show before, not enough vitamin is one of the cause sore tongues. Vitamin C has an antioxidant property which can reduce the burning sensation and moreover, if you loss of vitamin C, your language will easy to get an infection. Maintaining vitamin C is the essential active. Some food you need consume more like an orange, citrus, lemon, grapefruit, sweet potatoes, tomato, and some vegetables with dark leaves.
- Baking soda: Baking soda has anti-inflammatory properties and useful in pain treatment. It is a magic of beauty and value in health. You mix a spoon of it with water until you have a paste mixture. Apply this mixture to the sore area in few minutes and clean it with warm water. You also make a solution of baking soda and warm water. Use this solution to rinse your mouth. The sore tongue will go very soon. Nevertheless, baking soda has strong cleansing properties, and you should not abuse it. Stop using it if you have any adverse reaction.
- Sage: The leaves of sage treat a cough very productive, and the sage contains some properties which can reduce pain from the sore tongue. When the water is boiling, you put some sage leaves in 2 minutes and wait for cooling. Clean you mouthed with this solution sometimes per day. You also put some sage leaves directly in your sore tongue from 3-4 times each day.
- Hydrogen peroxide: We often heard about hydrogen peroxide as an active antibacterial that means it can prevent infection. Furthermore, it is one of the best home remedies for the sore tongue. However, related to antibacterial characteristics, you should make sure that you are using hydrogen peroxide 3%. You make a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and warm water with an equal proportion. Apply this solution to the sore area. A cotton swab can help you apply this more natural and more effective. Keep it about 10 seconds and then clean your mouth with regular water again. Do it every day until the sore is gone.
- Licorice: the same another home remedies, licorice also has anti-inflammatory properties. It is beneficial in treating sinus infection and protects oral. After crushed licorice into powder, take a spoon of it and mix with warm water until you have paste mixture. Apply this mixture to your tongue in a few minutes and then rinse the mouth again with warm water. You should do it more than two times per day. Moreover, instead of paste mixture, you also can do a solution of licorice with warm water and use it as mouthwash every day.
- Glycerin: It is the most comfortable ways to cure the sore tongue. You need to take some drops and apply it to the painful area. Make sure you won’t swallow it. The glycerin has capable of reducing burning and pain relief.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has beneficial properties in sore tongue healing and antibacterial. Thus, it can be a useful home remedy for the sore tongue. The healing process will more quickly if you combined with milk. You should use turmeric powder because it is easier to absorb. Mix the turmeric with warm water or warm milk and drink it every day.
Prevention is better than treatment. Although the sore tongue does not dangerous, it causes any trouble in daily life. Thus, do not wait when you had a sore tongue. You should prevent it by yourself. Some people clean your teeth, and they forget that the language also needs to clean every day. Thus, clean your teeth, and your tongue with soft brushed at least two times per day which can prevent sore tongue. You should use mouthwash to avoid infection. Stay away from some bad habit like a smoking, alcohol and spicy foods. Add more vitamin in your diet especially vitamin B12 and vitamin C. Maintain a healthy diet with high vegetable, fruit and less fat and tasty food. Toothpaste with sodium lauryl sulfate ingredient should avoid because it can cause injury to your mouth cells.
We showed you some natural home remedies for the sore tongue, and we believe it is simple for you. However, if home remedies do not affect and your condition worse, you need to see a doctor as soon as possible. Hope you always beautiful and healthy!!!