Chopta Trek is one of the best trekking routes in Uttarakhand, and it’s close to Almora, making it easy to reach any major city in the region. Unlike other well-known treks in the area, like Nanda Devi Trek and Valley of Flowers Trek, Chopta Trek isn’t highly popular among backpackers and foreign tourists because most of them don’t know much about this route. But that should change now that there’s easier access to Chopta than ever before, thanks to the Chopta road that has been newly built by the government.
Chopta Trek in Uttarakhand, India, is one of the most popular treks in the country, offering breathtaking views of the snow-capped Himalayan peaks and crystal-clear natural lakes. Chopta Trek is one of India’s most challenging treks; you’ll need to carry all your gear up and down some seriously steep hills. If you’re ready for an adventure that will leave you breathless and exhilarated, here’s everything you need to know about Chopta Trek in Uttarakhand.
If you’re planning your next trip to Chopta Trek in Uttarakhand, India, you’ll want to make sure that you get the most out of it by discovering all of the top sights and things to do in the area.
Chopta is a beautiful place in Uttarakhand. It’s surrounded by rolling hills and thick forests, which provide the perfect escape from city life. But what should you do when you’re there? Here are some of our favorite things to do around Chopta.
What is Chopta?
Chopta is a village in Uttarakhand, India, that lies at an elevation of approximately 2.2 kilometers from the sea level. It is known for its natural beauty and scenic views of the Himalayas. Besides being home to one of the most famous mountains in India, Chopta also has many things for visitors to enjoy. In this blog post, we will tell you all about what you should be sure not to miss when visiting Chopta!
Chopta is a small village surrounded by scenic views of the Uttarakhand Himalayas. This is one of the best places in India to visit if you want an adrenaline rush. From rappelling down cliffs, flying over lakes, and paragliding, you can try adventure sports in this region. If you are more into nature activities, there are plenty to choose from here too. You can trek along a mountain ridge, explore waterfalls, or ride a horse through forest trails. You can also visit tourist sites like Tungnath Temple and Kedarnath Temple while you’re here.
Why is Chopta a popular destination?
Chopta is a popular destination in Uttarakhand because of its proximity to the Himalayas, which are well-known for their natural beauty and stunning landscapes. The trekking path starts at the village of Chopta, located at an altitude of 3,500 meters. It’s a relatively short hike with breathtaking views at every turn. You’ll follow the river Gori Ganga until you reach Malana and then back down. There’s no shortage of things to do on this trek – it’s flat primarily, so most people can manage it even if they’re not particularly fit or experienced hikers.
How to get to Chopta?
It is accessible from New Delhi by train, car, or bus. The nearest airport is in Dehradun, about 250 km away. If you take the train, you can catch one of the many trains headed for Rishikesh and then get off at Haridwar, about a two-hour drive from Chopta. Buses regularly leave Delhi’s central bus station (ISBT) and go to Haridwar.
Alternatively, if you want to take your car/ bike, a few routes lead up to Chopta. The shortest route starts at Har Ki Pauri in Rishikesh and takes about 2 hours.
What are the best things to do around Chopta?
Chopta Trek is a beautiful place in Uttarakhand to explore during the summer. Not only can you enjoy the scenic beauty of it, but you can also indulge in some exciting activities. And the best part is you can be an avid hiker or mountain climber to enjoy this trek, so if you’re looking for a refreshing weekend retreat, head to Chopta and live adventurously!
Trekking Destination near Chopta
Chopta is a small village in Uttarakhand, India. It is situated on the banks of the Alaknanda River and surrounded by lush green hills. The trekking destination near Chopta is perfect for beginners looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. Here are some things to do when you’re there:
– Take in all of the beauty that surrounds you while hiking through these gorgeous surroundings
– Practice your photography skills with opportunities galore
– Get your hands dirty as you explore a variety of different plant species – Rock climb or boulder at one of the many rock climbing destinations nearby
– Hire a guide and explore a waterfall just outside of Chopta
Things to Carry
- Water – Carry at least three liters of water, as no reliable potable water sources are available in the trek.
- Sunblock/sunscreen – You will be exposed to UV rays throughout the day, and they can burn quickly even if it is cloudy, so make sure you apply sunblock all over your body.
- Food – Carry enough for at least four days (for adults) or two days (for children).
- Extra clothing – Pack clothes appropriate for different weather conditions, such as layers, sweaters, raincoats, etc., as the weather can change quickly in these mountains, and you may need more than one set of clothes while on the trek.
Visitors can explore this trek’s beautiful, serene landscape, history, and nature. Here are some things you can do on your visit to Chopta:
– Hike through lush forests and admire the view from a mountain peak.
– Visit the temples in the region.
– Take a dip in any one of three hot springs.
– Go for a wildlife safari with an expert naturalist guide who will show you animals such as snow leopards, blue sheep, and red pandas!