Herpes Dating – Does Your Partner have Herpes?
When you’re single and on the hunt for an ideal Herpes dating partner, it is likely that you would come across a lot of people who aren’t perfect. While you might be flexible about flaws such as low income and annoying habits, it is essential that you consider more serious issues into account. For instance, your prospective companion might be infected with an sexually transmitted infection such as Herpes, HPV or HIV/AIDS.
He/She may even be upfront about it and confess it. But what next? Do you continue the relationship or opt out? This is undoubtedly a tough question. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over 50 percent of the Americans that are sexually active get infected with an STD in their lifetime. Although condoms can stop the transmission of virus to some extent, they are not 100 percent effective.
Read more: The 3 Best Cities For Interracial Dating
Urologists have proposed the following tips that should be followed when you’re romantically involved with a person who has an incurable STD like Herpes or HPV:
- The best time to talk about sex is before having it. People should be more open to speak about it due to the risk of contracting an infection.
- Ask your partner if they’ve got themselves tested for an STD.
- Get tested for an STD together and share results. This would maintain a level of trust between the two of you.
- Always use a latex condom while having sex.
- If you are having sex with an infected person despite knowing that he / she has the infection, you’re certainly exposing yourself to the virus. Get yourself tested from time to time.
- Abstain from engaging in any sort of sexual activity when your partner is having an outbreak.
For those who have an STD and are looking for a partner who has the same infection, there are innumerable dating sites that you can check out. PositiveSingle.com is one such site, which is dedicated to Herpes dating and aims to connect like-minded people from across the globe.